Varicose Vein and Spider Vein Removal Options at Albert Vein Institute
If you have painful and enlarged varicose veins or spider veins and are looking into your treatment options, you’ll likely want to know how long each vein removal treatment will take, and how many sessions are required. Here is a look into the treatment options we offer at Albert Vein Institute.
Varicose Vein Removal Treatments
How are varicose veins removed?
Varicose veins can become problematic for numerous reasons. Luckily, modern medicine offers many types of treatments.
At Albert Vein Institute, we offer the following varicose vein removal treatments:
Compression Stockings Therapy
- Patients may be recommended to wear compression stockings all day or for just a few hours at a time to treat their varicose veins. There is no standard timeframe for compression stocking therapy, with some patients wearing them for as short as a few months up to a few years. If prescribed this treatment, you’ll work alongside your vein specialist to determine when the stockings are no longer necessary.
CoolTouch™ (Endovenous Laser Ablation)
- The entire procedure typically lasts for about an hour. Patients typically start to see results immediately after the procedure and can return back to normal physical activity immediately following the treatment.
Venclose Radiofrequency Ablation
- The ClosureFast (or Venefit) catheter heats a seven-centimeter vein segment in one 20-second interval. This minimally-invasive vein removal procedure takes about a half-hour. There are no incisions associated with this procedure, so normal physical activity can resume immediately, with most patients going back to work the same day as their treatment.
Microphlebectomy (Ambulatory Phlebectomy)
- Typically, this varicose vein treatment takes anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes. Patients should expect their leg to be wrapped after the procedure. However, within 24 hours, you will be able to resume your daily routine as normal.
- In order to properly prepare our patients, discuss the procedure, and leave enough time for ultrasound examination, we typically allow one hour for this procedure. However, the treatment itself usually only takes 30 minutes.
Spider Vein Removal Treatments
Spider veins are common issues that plague many people. We offer many affordable and easy treatments for unsightly spider veins.
At Albert Vein Institute, we offer the following spider vein removal treatments:
Visual Cosmetic Sclerotherapy
- Each session typically takes about 15 to 30 minutes per appointment. The amount of sessions you’ll need depends on the size of the vein and how well your veins respond to the treatment. Most patients require 2-4 sessions for the best results.
- For smaller spider veins, most patients typically see results in three to six weeks. However, for the treatment of larger spider veins, results may be seen after three to four months.
Topical Laser Treatment
- Veins are treated through the skin during this treatment, causing the time length of the procedure to vary depending on the patient. While smaller veins may only take 15 minutes to be treated, larger veins may take up to an hour to be treated. To achieve the best results, more than one session is often needed.
Varicose Vein and Spider Vein Treatment in Lone Tree CO
Call our Lone Tree (303) 857-5111 or Colorado Springs (719) 888-3227 location to learn more about your treatment options.